Tuesday, November 22, 2016

Girl Talk

Getting My Nails Done


I have been rushing my boys early every morning to school.  Then rushing back home to clean the house, work, and hurry and get cleaned up so I can go pick them back up. Every evening is filled with sports, piano lessons, homework, and dinner.  I looked in the mirror today and noticed that I look awful and need some beauty time.  I decided to order my favorite tanning lotion, “St. Tropez Self Tan Dark Bronzing Mouse”, since it is winter and I am starting to look like an albino. Then I decided to go get my nails done.

I wanted my toenails to be painted with gel polish, no design, no pedicure just some color. After sitting for over 45 minutes watching a grouchy elder man paint my toenails, I finally could have someone work on my nails. I wanted to get an overlay of acrylic, pink gel color, with some rhinestones and design. I do not understand why the lady looked so unhappy doing my nails. However, after she finished filling my overlay I took a break from watching, “Ellen”, looked down and one of my finger nails were standing almost straight up. I asked the unhappy lady doing my fingernails,” why is my finger nail going up instead of down?”, and all she did was give me a dirty look and tried to file it down. At this point, I was starting to get upset after sitting in a chemical smelling building for what seemed forever and told her,” you need to redo that nail”.

 Well about 2 ½ hours of beauty time it was time to pay. My nails cost $50 and for painting my toenails with gel color the grouchy old man charged me $45. I walked out of the nail salon with a headache from the chemicals, tired from sitting 2 ½ hours and felt very broke after being ripped off. I do not understand why people who are in the business of service think that they can charge whatever they want, and treat you so poorly. Never less, my nails and toenails looked a little better.


No comments:

Post a Comment